6/05/2017

09/12 - I know where I come from


Time flies by just as fast, another month finished. I got to work in the sports office of the newspaper I currently work for and got to collect some amazingly funny memories, mainly due to the two girls there: Caro and Natalie.

We had some crazy times in the office and also in private, visiting sports events together. And having a few drinks afterwards. 

I grew up in a handball family, played it all my life and still enjoy it, also watching it. I didn't play much since I moved here, but watched even more because of the second league handball team here. It's amazing how fast you grow out loyality towards a sports team. My roommate Svenja and me both went to as many games as possible, had a really good time there, sometimes just a second away from a heart attack.

As a girl from Dortmund, I know how it is to have one kind of sports dominating all media. We're a football city. Always were. Always will be. But Würzburg has the amazing chance of three big sportsteams in one city: handball, basketball and football. So I don't really see why there's only one team dominating media here, too. 

I realized this during my time in our sports office. However, I know where I come from and that's a handball family in a football city. I will always sympathize with the handball teams. 

I got a feeling that May also brought more cool people and closer relationships to those already there. To name those coming to my mind: Anna B., Felix, Natalie, Caro, Susi and Pia. Two really close friends came here to make one more weekend just perfect (Caro & Anneke, this goes out to you). I also went home for another seminar at university and met all the gold people - a hilarious night with the most fantastic "Don't look back in Anger" moment. 

I also spent another few wonderful days at home home, means Texel, with the whole family. I don't understand how I can ever leave this place. But I'm back here, and I'm making the most of it with the most amazing people here. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen