4/30/2017

Shinedown rules forever


It's been almost a year since I went to my last Shinedown show. And I didn't expect to see the guys this year because the headline tour in Europe I'm desperately waiting for is still not announced. However, the guys are around here with Iron Maiden right now, opening the shows for the legend.

I'm not into Maiden at all and the dates weren't set good for me at first, so I didn't get a ticket. But then I heard more dates had been added, and one was yesterday in Frankfurt, only a one-hour-drive from here. I had no ticket, but I spontaneously decided to simply drive to Frankfurt and see what'll happen.

Long story short, I bought a ticket for 80 € to see 45 minutes of Shinedown basically.

I know that's insane. I simply needed to see them. Desperately. I wasn't feeling good the last days due to leaving my family again and returning to Würzburg. I don't know what exactly, but it hit me hard. Shinedown is the only band that can always cheer me up and so I just went there.


When I entered the hall fifteen minutes late, they were just playing "How Did You Love" and I could barely hold back the tears. Not because of the song, but because of seeing these four guys. Because they made me so happy. And strong. It just felt like my other family was up on stage in front of me.

These 45 minutes I had with them were short, way too short, but they were perfect. Zach Myers, guitarist of the band, waved at me when he saw me and threw a drumstick and a pick for me (I didn't get thr stick, though). I'm still about to cry when I think back to these moments.

I know it's hard for these men to leave their families behind, too. That's why I felt even more connected to them. And I am beyond grateful for what they do to me without even knowing it. And I want to give something back, but I fear I don't have much to give but a few words on a blog nobody reads.

I only wish I could tell them in person what they, their music and everything they stand for mean to me. But maybe, one day. As we all know: It's never goodbye, it's just 'till next time.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen