1/01/2017

2016 in a nutshell

It is no secret that I did not get along with 2016 at all. However, there were several positive moments and some of them were caught in a photo. Here is my 2016 in pictures.

 January: Spending some good time with my old friend Ina at the winter light festival in the biggest park of the city. We reactivated an old tradition and went out to take a long walk in the cold and talk about the previous year. 

 February: Quite easy to see a was the happiest girl on earth in this moment, when I met the incredible Josh Smith of Halestorm after a more than awesome show in Bochum. Still can't believe he thanked me so much for the simple letter I wrote. This night was unforgettable and this photo will always remember me of how perfect the time with this guy was.

March: In March, I visited one of my best friends to spend her birthday with her even though she studied in Finland for six months. So I traveled to this country I never really thought about but love now. It was such an important trip because it taught me some things about myself that helped me get through some of the rough times of 2016. And this girl is one of the best people I know. The time with her was just so good.

 April: April was the month of zoos. I visited many and worked on an article about six of them in my home region. Animals just make me happy and so did this baby alpaca. This photo was taken in the zoo in Hamm which is one of my favorite places to go now.

 May: 2016 might have been bad, but not so bad that I couldn't visit my fovorite place on earth: Texel. I just can't go without an island in my life it seems. The time I'm there just sets me free from everything and that doesn't work anywhere else. 

 June: If I had to pick one photo to decribe the most important moment of 2016, I'd choose this one. I waited four years to finally meet Brent Smith of Shinedown, my hero and role model, the most amazing voice in rock music, the most kind, handsome and gentle but also honest person I know. It's not often that I am truely happy, but this moment was just so perfect, how could I feel anything else. 

 July: I already mentioned all the zoos I've been to. The truths is, there are not many photos of July 2016 because I felt way to stressed and terrible because of moving away. But this photo makes me smile because who wouldn't smile about a baby elephant climbing on its mom.

 August: August was a terrible month full of changes I didn't appreciate and sorrow and tears, but this very short holiday with these three amazing girls was one of the best times I had in 2016. Anneke, Stella and Caro just showed me what true friendship looks like and I cannot say in words how happy I am to call them my friends.

 September: The first photo tour in the new city I live in for another eight months now on a beautiful day. In the meantime, I got used to this place, but it was so hard in the beginning. However, this was one of the good days I had in September and this photo just says it all. I'm quite lost, but that's nothing new, right?

 October: A family portrait because I miss them so much when I'm in Würzburg. This was taken at our family's traditional Halloween party at my aunt's and uncle's. One fun night with everyone I love. Can't believe just how cool we actually are.

 November: My bunnies were a very important part of my 2016. These two are my newest bambinas. Nevada, the brown and black one, got a place in my room and my heart becaue if the tragic loss of my baby Freckles who died aged 14 weeks because of a genetic disease. However, these two are my little family in Würzburg and they made me feel so much better there, I never want to miss them again.

 December: This picture of my oldest bunny Lily closes the year for me. It reflects home, the things I had to leave. But I will come back this year, and I won't go again. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen