12/30/2016

Rock Before Christmas #2 - Alter Bridge convincing me forever


So after seeing Billy Talent I went to Frankfurt to rock out with Alter Bridge - for the very first time for me. I just discovered the band for me this year and to be honest, I regret all the years I didn't listen to them.

For the show, I didn't know what to expect. First there were two supporting bands, one of them Gojira, which isn't really my kind of music. But their show was good fun and they handled the lights not working nicely. The second band was Like A Storm and I really think they make some awesome music. (Never saw anyone playing a didgeredoo on stage before!)



So, back to Alter Bridge. First to say, they had a hilarious setlist! I really loved hearing "Broken Wings" and "Open Your Eyes" live as well as "Addicted To Pain" and "Isolation". And of course there were many amazing songs of the new album. 

Alter Bridge means awesome guitar solos live. That's what I learned, too. However, I would love it more if Myles Kennedy (who looks even more handsome live) would talk a little more to the audience. 

And there's nothing over a musician performing a song live and all alone at a rockshow. Thank you, Myles, for giving us your live version of "Watch Over You". My personal highlight of the show.


Myles also has a hilarious live-voice. And he's always smiling which just sends positive vibes all the time. One more thing to mention, it's been quite nice to also hear Mark Tremonti sing a song - "Water's Rising".

One thing's for sure now: If Alter Bridge comes back to Germany anytime soon, I will definitely go to a show! And next time, I'd love to go there with my dad (who went to the show in Cologne the day after the show in Frankfurt).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen