10/04/2016

01/12 - Between Nickelback VIP and Crying Fit


So I finished the first month of living in a new city, way too far away from my hometown. 30 days away. I returned home last weekend, after four weeks of being away, and I felt so good and so happy right away, it scared me a little. It's crazy how much coming home showed me how this new city is not my home. 

But what did I learn and experience and feel during this first month?

Most of all, I learned how much I love my hometown. I learned how much the small things in every day life make me happy - or unhappy when they are missing. I also learned some things at work of course. I felt excited when this started, I felt nervous before the new job, I had lots of fun with the people at the blogger meeting, I had much fun with my room mates, but also trouble, I felt upset about being away from my family and this started to develop really strongly. I felt lonely and sad, I felt exhausted after work and relaxed after the yoga lessons I started to take. But I only felt really happy once - at the rockshow. 

I know, people always say that it just takes some time. Maybe they're right. Maybe I'll be happy here one day. I only have one year to find out, but I believe that if I can't be happy here within a year, that's never going to happen at all. I'm not that optimistic about it, but that's just me; a thing I learned here, too. Yes, I turned way too bitter somehow, but that's just how it is. I still love writing, good books, trash movies and bunnies. I became more confident and that's something I'm proud of. I found out how much some people really mean to me and that feels good - even though it hurts to be away from them.

Most of all, I learned what my home means to me. I will never forget this and appreciate things at home a lot more when I'm back. I experienced a different culture here that showed me how much I like my culture in my region. I also experienced a very awesome rockshow here; one of this year's highlights without a doubt. I got to know new people, some of them really awesome. I found out more about people I knew already and not all of this was positive. 

11 months more to come. But I'll get through this. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen