9/06/2016

Secrets of Ink #3


I always knew I wanted this third tattoo. Here's the story behind it:


The third tattoo was added to my first one. It consists of a quill, some more crows and the sogline: "That's the way that I see life. If there was nothing wrong then there'd be nothing right." This is from the third super important Shinedown song in my life, What A Shame of the album Sound of Madness
The lyrics obviously mean a lot to me as I already quoted them in a previous post. It is the motto I live by, the words that help me get through the worst times of all. We all need to know the bad, the ugly, to understand the beauty that exists. It is a reminder that all the things I go through in life are there for a reason. I believe in destiny. Only when I get hurt I forget that this also belongs to the development I have to go through and that is when these words explain to me that this is necessary.
The quill is a symbol for writing. As it is my dream to write stories for a living, it represents my greatest passion. The combination with the song line stands for the inspiration music is to me. I chose the feather and not a pen because it is something delicate which becomes powerful through its actions. It also belongs to the crows that are a symbol for freedom and loneliness for me. 
What A Shame was the main reason why I got through my lonely and depressed times before the change 2012 and I probably don't have to repeat the story about Shinedown. So, I have three tattoos so far and three of them are Shinedown-related. 

I do have plans for more tattoos. And as soon as I got them, I will explain to you why.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen