9/03/2016

Rabbit Down The Hole


 












































These three beautiful ladies are my bunnies Dandelion, Amaryllis and Lilly (the handsome young man is my brother John). I had to leave them at home because they live in our garden there. And I miss them every day. 
If you don't have pets, you probably wonder how such a small (or not so small) animal can mean so much to you. It's just that way. I live with them, I care for them and they are fluffy. And - believe it or not - even a bunny has an own character. 
The sweet Dandelion, the white giant beast with the brown spots, is rather curious but also very jumpy; and she's super clever. She hates being taken out of their enclosure, but we sometimes have to, for example when we clean their little home. There's one single place in the whole enclosure where we can't catch them, and she senses when we want to take her out, so she just stays there for half an hour and we have to wait until she decides to come out.
Amaryllis, my black beauty, is not that clever, but she likes to be cuddled. She's very trusting. Lilly is our old lady. The other two ones are most probably sisters and about eight months old, but Lilly is already six. She is the most relaxed one and doesn't care much about anything but food and sleep.
It's one of the most annoying things to be here without them. Just because I miss having pets. Just because I sometimes just stare out of the window at home in Dortmund and watch them doing bunny stuff. Just because they are my bambinas (yeah, I know it's not the correct Italian form; just leave me with this). 
I miss them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen